If the weather is good, we spend a lot of time outside. On Saturday we went to my grandson Matthew's soccer game. They're beginners, so we have fun watching them run around the field and even get to see a few scores. A. just likes to run around. She played alone this week as his brothers did not attend. She likes to be around people, so she can always find someone to play with.
I got a few pics of Matthew in play. He is the one with the red mohawk. He and his brothers got their hair cut before the game and Matthew opted for a wild look.
We almost always go to Christine's for dinner on Sundays. I often stay outside with the kids while Christine is cooking dinner. This week was rainy, so the kids played inside. A. and Nickel play well together. But this week they decided to take apart a car raceway set and throw the pieces at each other. A. lost out on this one as one of the pieces hit her on the side of the head. She was crying a lot and as I was comforting her, I saw a trickle of blood coming down the side of her face. I quietly took her into the bathroom and cleaned her up without her seeing the blood. If she had, she would have really freaked. It was a small injury, and frankly I can't even find it now.
On Mondays we watch Amelia and if it is nice we go for a walk when A. gets off the bus. When Amelia arrives at my house at 8:15 she is very cranky--not happy that her Mom is leaving and very close to needing a nap. She cries almost all the time before she goes down at 9:00 am. But she wakes up a happy girl and loves to go outside. She also loves the walk.
We've been walking almost everyday, as long as it doesn't rain. We head out on the Trail and walk down to the Pirates Cove Adventure Park. They are cleaning it up to start the season Memorial Day weekend. They have water slides, bumper boats, miniture golf, race cars, a zip line, and other things I can't remember. A. LOVES to check out the place and says she wants to go down the water slide. But, of course, she isn't tall enough and wouldn't have the nerve to go anyway. It is a good walk, I think almost 2 miles round trip. She likes to get out and I need the exercise. We're both happy. A. almost always brings a baby and pushes it in the small stroller. She talks to everyone who we pass, thinking they care about her baby, and whatever else she thinks to say. Pretty much everyone is kind and tolerant of this beautiful little girl. We have run into a few less-than-savory characters (homeless or whatever) on the trail and I try to tactfully encourage her to just move along without talking--not easy for a chatterbox.
It's been pretty challenging to remember to take pictures of our everyday life. I hope to get better at it as time goes on. We don't live a very eventful life, but we're happy.








No comments:
Post a Comment