Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bubbles, bussing and quotes


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Aaralynne has discovered bubbles this year. Last year she just couldn't get the procedure of putting the bubble stick close to her mouth and blowing. She often put it in her mouth. She had fun the other day playing with the bubbles she received from the Easter Bunny.
                                                                                                           

She was doing well, having a good time, when I needed to run in the house and take care of some laundry. I came back out and she was finished playing with the bubbles. I saw a puddle on the driveway and asked her where the bubbles were. She said she dropped them and so threw the bottle in the trash. And so it goes.

A. decided a few weeks ago that she should take the bus to school. She is in her 3rd year attending the pre-school and the bus has been available for her to take, but she was not ready. This year there were several field trips in which the class took the bus. This experience has made A. decided she was ready to ride the bus. It started on Monday and she has been doing very well. This bus only transports pre-school children, so she is not amidst any older children.




Also on Monday, I started watching the 10 month old daughter of a friend. This friend was there for me when I first took in A., watching her and giving her much needed attention as I worked. Now it is my turn to give back. It's only 4 hours on Monday mornings, and A. is only home the last 1.5 hours. They get to eat lunch together. I have to keep telling A. she cannot pick up Amelia as much as she would like. They had a good time, and we are looking forward to these Monday mornings. She has asked me every day since if Amelia is coming today. 



I want to make sure I remember some of the quotes A. says to me, so I'll end my blogs with those I can remember.

Quotes this week:  As we are brushing teeth together, she looks at  me in the  mirror and says "Grandma, you have a big nose don't you." Me: "Yes I do."  A.: "I don't."

While sitting on the toilet: A.: "I love going to Target." She then proceeds to tell me all the things we do at Target: put her babies in the rocker seats (her name for bouncy seats, swings, etc.), look at baby toys, and, best of all, see all the babies that are there shopping with their mommies.

No comments:

Post a Comment