Thursday, May 3, 2012

My time, lunch and pictures

I must say, this extra time I am getting each day because A. is riding the bus is kind of nice.  It's adding up to a little over an hour, which includes the time it took for me to transport her back and forth to school. I used to watch the clock closely so I would not be late to pick her up. Now when I check the clock I find I have lots of time left.  She is out the door at 7:30 and home by 11:10.  It is not much time in the big picture of life, but given that she is rarely out of my eyesight, it is a lot.  Everyone needs a little alone time.

Yesterday, during lunch, I opened a small bag of Sunchips to eat with my salad. A. had her beloved cheese sandwich (string cheese rolled in a tortilla), apple, cucumbers and chickadees (cheese crackers we buy at Target). She decided my Sunchips were too interesting to pass up, so ate most of the bag. The interesting part of this is the Sunchips were Garden Salsa and has just a little kick to it (my sister Kathy would probably challenge me on that as Kathy eats stuffed jalapeno peppers like they were candy).  A. is not known for eating much that is spicy, so I was surprised when she took the second chip and continued to eat them. After I took a picture of her eating her lunch, she decided she needed a photo shoot. Then she doled out the chickadees to her babies who were eating lunch with us, chattering to them the entire time.






We went to Target so her babies could ride in the rocker seats. When we got home, we took a mile walk on the trail with A. pushing both Pink Baby and Brittaney in the stroller. I make a good dinner of baked chicken, roasted peppers, smashed potatoes and corn cut off the cob, which we will have leftovers tonight.


It took A. a while to fall asleep as the sun came out and blazed into her room at bedtime. I have room darkening shades in there, but it is still light when she goes to bed at 7:30. She was still talking to me at 8:15. She has to go to bed early so she can get up at 6:15. But Mother Nature sent a very loud thunderstorm to us at 4:00 this morning. A. woke up after a particularly loud boom at 4:30, and we have been awake since then. Hopefully it will be cloudy tonight when she goes to bed and she will go right to sleep.

Happy Thursday to all, wishing everyone a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment