Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I had a lovely Mother's Day. Aaralynne brought home a gift on Thursday that she made in school and I opened it on Sunday. She was proud to give me a picture of her and a hand-made card with her hand print and a lovely poem. It was laminated and I will keep it forever. 

I have a Jasmine plant that my oldest daughter gave to me in 2007. It is blooming now and my house smells wonderful when I walk in the door. If you look really close you can see some blooms. Christine also gave one to my Mother and I remember the day. Our family met at a restaurant to celebrate my Mother's 87th birthday. We later went to my sister Karen's house for Mom's birthday cake. So much fun to remember these times.




Christine and 20 month old Matthew.


Mom and sisters, Kathy and Karen.


Only 1 candle on the cake. :)


I had a great lunch with my youngest son, Aaralynne's father, but forgot to take a picture. We then went to Christine's to play and have carry-out dinner. The boys and I put the dessert together (chocolate trifle), A. couldn't be bothered. I don't think she'll be much of a cook. Matthew, on the other hand, loves to help in the kitchen.  Daniel and Nickolas were good helpers, too.

Nickel and A. almost always focus on playing in the fire truck when we are there. The battery was low on Sunday and watching the two of them trying to solve the problem without charging the battery was fun. They finally realized the fire truck would work a little on the driveway as the resistance on the grass would not let it move.




I did get a few pictures of A. and me before we went home. Christine took a pic of her (Christine) and me, but it is on her camera.



Mothers's Day was a beautiful day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment