Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

It all started when I wanted to get my car ready for the trip to IN for Thanksgiving with my brother and sister. I'm one of seven children and there are only 2 living in or near my hometown of Griffith. Another brother lives 45 minutes away. The oil change went well. The mechanic checked over the car and said it would be safe to drive, but I needed new tires. I was aware of that and said I would be getting them that weekend. Little did I know this is the time of year everyone and his brother was buying new tires. They had to be ordered and didn't come in until 3:30 Wednesday afternoon, the day before Thanksgiving. We rushed over to Sam's to have them put on. We roamed around Sam's for 2.5 hours.


And what did she see? Babies, of course!


We sat in the dining area--she ate 2 hot dogs! It was fun as we saw several people we know and were able to visit with some. That was nice.

The weather was very wintery all week.




It snowed the first half of the trip down on Thursday, but clear skies prevailed south of Grand Rapids. We made it to my sister's house just as everyone was loading their plates. It was great to see family.

    Scott and Emily

   Lindsey and me

   My sister Kathy. We always have so much fun together.

   We asked Christine to take a nice picture of us, since my arms are not long enough to take it myself.

   Aaralynne happy to be downstairs with her great-uncles, my brother and brother-in-law. Baby Kimmie is playing on the floor while the guys play on their phones.

   My grandsons enjoying their 2nd Thanksgiving dinner of the day.

  This is my sister's fridge. We all have family pictures where we can see them daily.

We had a wonderful day visiting with everyone. I am glad I live close enough to be able to drive down for a few days.

We went shopping on Black Friday, not to the Malls, just to Target and a few other stores. 

   She still likes to ride in the cart. She was getting tired of walking around the store with my sister and I, and 3 nieces. But she didn't want to miss anything.

  We stopped at Panera to get a bite to eat. This is a good view of her lovely smile after the snaggle tooth finally came out.

A quiet afternoon after shopping and tacos for dinner. We got up early to head back home on Saturday. Aaralynne and Baby Kimmie had breakfast together.


We drove home, only stopping for gas & a bathroom break. Good thing, because my son-in-law came over to finish painting the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment