Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter 2013

We had a great Easter with family. We started the week before by going to see the Easter Bunny at the Mall. Aaralynne was excited and enjoyed her time with the bunny. She really didn't want to leave. The family before us bought the pictures and were taking their time choosing. We were able to take extra time for A. to spend with the bunny. And of course, Baby Kimmie went along for the experience.







She then got to ride on the Carousel with Daddy and of course Baby Kimmie, who couldn't seem to sit up straight, even though she was buckled in.




Saturday before Easter we finally colored eggs.  I say finally because Aaralynne has not been interested in much of the traditions of holidays before this year.  I have had the coloring kit since she was 3, but never used it. She didn't know to talk about it and I was busy and didn't push it. But we enjoyed coloring the eggs this year. She thought it was pretty cool.




She got her bath after that and we had dinner. She was very interested in eating a colored Easter egg. I tried to tell her that it was not the same as candy, but she had no point of reference, since we don't often have hard boiled eggs. She continued to insist she wanted to have an egg with dinner. It was precious to watch her experience the realization that the egg had a shell, then the peeling of the shell. She was surprised of the texture and taste of the egg. When she bit into the yolk, she was surprised even more. Finally she said she didn't like it and that I could eat it.




On Easter morning, she was happy to discover her Easter basket.


 

We went to church with Daddy and Nicole.


 

We had dinner at Christine's and the kids had a good time playing with each other. Here are some random shots of the kids. Nickel wanted me to take pictures of his different faces. This boy can really melt my heart. The older boys were patiently waiting for lunch.


 

 

Mouth-full of candy, waiting to start running with Nickel.



Whatcha doin, Nickel?



Oh, okay. I'll join you.



Time to start running! Ready...set...go!



Nickel and A finally did their running thing after a while. They both got hot and sweaty so Nickel took off his button-down shirt underneath that cool t-shirt with a tie on it.



These guys are such pals!





We came home early and had some quiet time after such a busy weekend. I hope everyone had a good weekend, too.  We are anxiously awaiting spring weather and it can't come soon enough for us.  Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment