Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall

It's Fall, and has been for a month. We had so much fun this past summer, that I am still amazed with the cooler weather, and that the leaves are near the end of their color season. I know I really wanted the summer to never end, but living in Northern Michigan, that won't ever happen. Oh well, the colors were beautiful on our only walk in the last month.


  Caterpillar



It's rained enough this fall to make up for the dry sunny summer--at lease in  my mind. But I would trade a wet fall for the dry, beautiful sunny summer we had. No complaints. And so we have spent lots of time inside.






I've begun working, not full-time, but enough to get back into a routine of not being home all the time. I really loved my 15 months being a stay-at-home Mom to Aaralynne. But now reality has set in. I must work if we want to eat. My former employer has contacted me as she has needed a little help. As much as I have sent out resumes and worried about what I am going to do when my unemployment runs out, I remember what my Mother used to say to me all the time: "Don't worry, God will take care of you." It seems no matter how much I worry about things, most of the time the right thing happens at the right time.

During the summer, when I would work a day or two here and there, Christine was gracious enough to take A. for me and I didn't have to worry about her. As I was wondering what I was going to do about daycare for A. after school started, that fell into place also. I was at a birthday party about a week before Labor Day, talking to a neighbor. I mentioned that I was looking for daycare for Aaralynne and she said we should talk. Turns out that she was looking for something to do during the day. It's working out so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I drive up to Leelanau County as many of our clients are there. The colors are beautiful on the drive. I have thought about stopping to take pictures, but am always concerned about time--getting to the client's on time or getting home on time to pick up A. I've taken a few pictures from my car just to document the beauty of the colors. I'm not sure I was very successful.




One day while I was in Suttons Bay, I had a little extra time. I walked down to the marina. The sun was not shining on the water and the boats, but took a picture anyway. I took another picture across the street from where I was working. It brings back such nice memories of when we lived there for 18 years.



My grandson's birthday is the end of September, so we helped him celebrate. He turned 7 and we all had a great time with friends.






On our way home we stopped at the marina to take a few pictures. I loved the rainbow.




We play outside as much as we can, and I am cleaning and cutting back the plants in preparation for winter. A. chases the cat most of the time. Every now and again Babe will let A. pet her. They both are looking at the fence as the dog on the other side is barking at them.




When Babe has had enough, she goes under the fence to the neighbor's yard.


Here is a look at my yard in the fall. The flowers that are still blooming are a variety of anemone. It spreads like crazy and I usually pull the runners out like weeds. But when they bloom in the fall I think they are pretty and won't cut them back until after we've had a little snow, and then it's time.



 Side yard next to the house with two dogs.


Last week we walked down the street to Aaralynne's friend's house and played with them for a little while. He has a little brother and they were throwing and chasing after a tennis ball. It was about 70 degrees that day.





We've only been able to make it to one soccer game this month because of all the rain. I told Christine I am a fair weather fan, and not too fond of standing in the rain. I only got this one shot of A. and D. They have such a good time together. It was the last game of the fall season.


We had our Indian Summer last week with temps at 78 one day. But yesterday the temps fell and has been in the mid 40's. A. pesters me to go outside beginning after breakfast. I was busy on the computer and finally around 2:00 we went outside. She played and ran around so the chilly temps didn't bother her. I cleaned up some of the plants, and we came in around 3. One hour outside at 43 degrees was enough for me. I did get a lot done, though.



Recently I have thought that my blogs are a bit long. I am going to try to keep up a little better and not wait so long between writings. I'll be working full-time for 3 weeks straight while my employer goes on vacation, so I may not have time to take many pictures. But we'll see. I'll keep you posted as we enjoy the rest of the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment