Sunday, July 1, 2012

June 2012, part two

The second half of June has been busy, too. 

We went to the beach with my daughter's family on a very hot Saturday before Father's Day.  I had worked all week and was looking forward to a great time with the family.  My oldest grandson spent the night with A. and I on Friday night.  A. was so excited to have him in the house (we really do lead a very low-key life) that she woke up close to 1:00 am asking if her cousin was awake, and never went back to sleep.  She ended up playing with her babies, her stuffed animals, reading books, and once when I went in there to tell her to go back to sleep, she had the stroller out and was taking babies for a walk in her room--in the dark!  And she did fall asleep on the way home from the beach, she couldn't help herself!

It is a long walk with all of our stuff to the perfect spot on the beach, and we all helped carrying stuff.  A. took bathtub baby with us and made sure she had a good time at the lake.



This little lake has a small channel that leads right into Lake Michigan. So we always take a walk through the warm sheltered channel water to the cooler, windier Lake Michigan.  It has fun waves to play in. A.'s body is long and thin, so she has trouble with balance sometimes.  She did end up face first in the water at one point. Thank goodness my daughter was right next to her and rescued her.




It was time for lunch and to get out of the sun for a few minutes.


Bathtub baby had more fun in the water, sometimes needing to be rescued by the cousins.......


.....and even got to go for a ride in the tube.


Looking at the path from the small lake to the big Lake Michigan.  It is getting a little cloudy......maybe it's time to go before the rain comes.  It's a long walk back to the car.


June 19 is an anniversary for A. and I.  On that day 5 years ago she came to live with me.  I didn't realize at the time that she would be here still.  But now I expect she will be here forever. She has become a part of me and I can't imagine my life without her now.

We celebrated this special anniversary with my daughter and her boys. After trying to decided what would be the best way to celebrate, we settled on going to the Children's Museum. It seemed like a good idea to buy a one-year membership for A. & I. We'll get our money's worth, for sure.


I was lucky enough to find all four kids together on the "boat."


They all love the water table.


As I was filling out the membership papers, A. found a friend.  They listened the the reading of "The Three Pigs" together. 



We went to Culver's for lunch and they enjoyed their ice cream treat after their lunch.



 
Later that day, we were at home and she was playing with her babies while I was working on the computer.  She was feeding Baby Kimmy and wanted me to take a picture of her.



One Sunday morning after a rainy night, I went out to get the paper.  Of course A. comes along so she can see what the cat is doing.  The flowering tree and flowers are looking good.


When we go shopping--to Target or grocery shopping to Meijers--A. always brings a baby to put in the "rocker seats."


It was a hot day and after shopping, I just wanted to stay inside.  I ran out of excuses, and so we went outside for a little while. A. was hot and sweaty, but happy to be outside.


Here is a picture of A. in her glasses.  She has far-sighted vision and needs these glasses when working on schoolwork--reading, coloring, writing, etc.



Our Monday morning visitor--Baby A.-- has 3 brothers. The oldest is taking driver's ed this summer and the youngest goes to summer camp.  The second brother needed somewhere to be when Baby A. came, so we invited him to come over, too.  He is a special needs boy, and loves my A.  I keep forgetting to mention that they have a nickname for A. They call her "Caker" which is a shortened version of Baby Cakes.  They took care of her a lot in her first 6 months and were hoping to be able to adopt her until they found out that I would be taking her.  They are special people in A.'s life.  The boy loves trains, as does A., and they watched a couple of Thomas episodes together.



And finally, I get these emails from Woot.com.  They have bargains and from time to time, I take advantage. Here is a picture of A. in her new tent that I bought for only $25.  I thought it was a good investment.  She put her pillow in there along with a baby or two and had a really good time.


She kept herself busy while I got ready for our trip to IN.  I'm there now and that will be the subject of my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment